Cottage Team’s holiday cottage changeover service in the Peak District provides a clean cottage, clean laundry, replenished supplies and a fresh and pleasant atmosphere for you, or your guests’ stay. Our aim is to deliver the very best level of service to our cottage owners and their guests alike. Within this industry, little things make a big difference. We don’t like wonky pictures, we don’t like broken lightbulbs, we don’t like crumbs under sofa cushions…
As a professional housekeeping and cottage management company we will prepare the cottage for all bookings. This ensures that the cottage is as described when the booking was made; that it meets the legal requirements for renting properties and adheres to our 5-step process which is based on Centre for Disease & Control recommendations and therefore compliant with all Online Travel Agents (e.g. Airbnb, Booking.com) own cleaning standards for keeping guests and staff safe. We also have our own laundry that is used exclusively for cottage linens etc. and a laundry process to manage contamination risk.
This isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ service – we will tailor the changeover for each cottage. However, a cottage management package will typically include:
- Changeover: We will clean thoroughly, make-up, present and sanitise the cottage for the next set of guests. We will use all our own equipment and professional cleaning materials to undertake the clean. As part of that we would also carry out routine checks e.g. make sure appliances are working, undertake smoke alarms tests etc. We would undertake what we call ‘in-flight’ repairs as part of that process; exchanging light bulbs & batteries are included within the price we give. We would also replace larger broken items, and pass the cost on to you e.g. faulty kettle or toaster.
- Laundry: We will take away and launder all the bed linens, towels, kitchen linens and bath mats. We have our own dedicated professional laundry – each client’s linen is washed and dried separately from that of other clients. We would change and launder mattress / pillow protectors as necessary to ensure they remain stain free and fresh.
- Welcome Pack & Consumables: We will usually provide a welcome pack for guests eg wrapped tea &coffee, sugar, soft drinks, biscuits & fresh milk. This is included in our pricing below, but further items can be provided at additional cost. We also provide guest consumables such as toilet rolls, kitchen paper, dishwasher tabs, washing up liquid, fresh sponge, cloth, liquid hand soap. We can provide COVID related items such as hand sanitiser, tissues etc. Any other welcome pack items, supplies or spares necessary for the cottage you will provide – or we can provide at an additional cost e.g. logs.
- Guest Support: We will provide 24/7 support to guests in case of queries or problems. Our prices include our time, including callouts to the cottage, but not the cost of any parts or specialist engineers e.g. gas safe engineer.
We price ourselves to be as competitive as possible. We offer what we believe is the best service available in the area, and whilst we might not always be the cheapest, we believe we’re the best. As a guide here are some typical prices, which include a complete changeover, laundry and consumables / welcome pack supply and guest support service:
- 1 bedroom, 1 bath: between £45 – £65
- 2 bedroom, 2 bath: between £55 – £85
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath: between £100 – £145
Linen Hire: We can also provide a linen and towel hire service for your holiday cottage, so you do not need to worry about purchasing or replacing your linen or towels.
All prices are subject to VAT.